The Worker's Compensation program is focused on providing leading orthopaedic care to injured workers, and returning them to work as quickly and safely as possible.
Tidewater Orthopaedics is a multi-specialty group, offering diverse orthopaedic care and rehabilitation services in the Hampton and Williamsburg locations.
Tidewater WORKS Provides:
- An efficient intake and scheduling process
- Communication with WC Adjusters and Nurse case managers
- Coordinated follow-up care
- Onsite imaging (radiological services, X-Ray, extremity MRI)
- Onsite occupational and physical therapy departments
- Onsite DME department at both office locations
- Updated work status for claimants following each visit
- Appropriate authorizations for ancillary services, surgery and all follow-up care
- Timely submission of office notes and work status notes
- Benchmarking standards for medical treatment return to work and maximum medical improvement
- Working relationships which educate, evaluate, and communicate to provide ultimate benefit to employers and their injured workers
- Ability to preform outpatient surgical procedures at the CarePlex Orthopaedic Ambulatory Surgery Center (COASC) Offering low infection rates, same day surgery, advanced technology, orthopaedic trained staff, and recovery in the comfort of your home.
If you are an injured worker, Tidewater Orthopaedics physician’s and staff are here to help. Please contact your employee health or human resource department at your company to report your injury. They will assist you in filing your claim with their insurance carrier.
Once your claim is filed, you can reach our WC Coordinator at 757-637-7011 to schedule an appointment. We will need your demographic information, DOB, WC Insurance Carrier Name, WC Claim Number, and Adjuster’s name and phone number
- Labor Market Surveys
- Independent Medical Evaluations
- Second Opinions
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Work Hardening
Tidewater WORKS Contact Information:
The Workers’ Compensation coordinators can be reached M-F 8am-5pm at: