You are here
Dr. Robert Campolattaro has been with Tidewater Orthopaedics in Hampton, Virginia since 2004 and serves as the president of the practice. He is fellowship-trained by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons in hand and upper extremity surgery and is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He also holds a subspecialty certificate in surgery of the hand.
Dr. Campolattaro was drawn to orthopaedic surgery because of the intellectual challenge and intricacy of surgical techniques, as well as the meaningful interpersonal contact of the profession. He began his career in Williamsburg at the College of William & Mary, where he completed his bachelor of science degree. He then earned his medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in Newark, New Jersey. Immediately following medical school, Dr. Campolattaro completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery at University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry in Rochester, New York, before undergoing his fellowship training at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
Hand and wrist doctor, Robert M. Campolattaro, M.D., sees patients in Hampton, VA as well as Williamsburg, VA.
Dr. Campolattaro is currently a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and a member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand. He resides in Williamsburg and enjoys traveling and developing his wine collection in his free time.
- 2003 – 2004
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Hand & Upper Extremity Fellowship
- 1998 – 2003
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Department of Orthopaedics
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
- 1994 – 1998
UMDNJ – New Jersey Medical School
Doctor of Medicine
- 1992 – 1994
College of William and Mary
Bachelor of Science, Summa Cum Laude
- 1991 – 1992
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- Certificate of Added Qualifications in Surgery of the Hand, 2007
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2006
- Commonwealth of Virginia Board of Medicine License to Practice Medicine and Surgery (#1011235876)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Member
- Orthopaedic Hospital at Sentara CarePlex
- CarePlex Orthopaedic Ambulatory Surgery Center (COASC)
- Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center
- Geddy Ambulatory Surgery Center
Research and Publications
- Burton RI, Campolattaro RM, Ronchetti PJ. Volar Plate Arthroplasty for Osteoarthritis of the Proximal Interphalangeal Joint: A Preliminary Report. J Hand Surg; 2002; 27A:1065-1072.
- Ruch DS, Papadonikolakis A, Campolattaro RM. The Posterolateral Plica; A Cause of Refractory Lateral Elbow Pain. J Shoulder Elbow Surg; 2006 May/Jun;15(3):367-70.
Awards and Achievements
- Voted Top Orthopaedic Surgeon by Coastal Virginia Magazine, 2016, 2017
- Alpha Omega Alpha, New Jersey Beta Chapter, 1997
- Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha of Virginia Chapter, 1994
- CarePlex Orthopaedic Ambulatory Surgery Center Medical Director, 2001 – Present
- Orthopaedic Hospital at Sentara CarePlex Steering Committee and Board Member, 2008 – Present
- Mary Immaculate Ambulatory Surgery Center Partner’s Advisory Board, Chairman, 2005 – 2007
- University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry Graduate Medical Education Committee Resident Member, 2000 – 2003
NEW Hand Center Offers Specialty Care to the Peninsula
Top Docs of 2016
Congratulations to our Top Docs 2016.
Dr. Colin Kingston, Dr. Robert Campolattaro, Dr. Nicholas Sablan & Dr. Loel Payne. Voted Top...Read More
Congratulations Dr. Kingston & Dr. Campolattaro Voted Hampton Roads TOP DOC!
Congratulations to both Dr. Kingston & Dr. Campolattaro for being voted Top Doc of Hampton Roads 2013 by their peers.
Dr. Campolattaro presents: Diagnosis & Treatment of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Join us for a free community lecture presented by Dr. Campolattaro and our Hand Therapy Department on the Diagnosis & Treatment of Carpal...Read More
Listen to Dr. Campolattaro on 790AM
Listen to WNIS 790AM radio Weds, 12/12/2012 from 6-7pm. Dr. Campolattaro will be discussing Orthopaedic problems of the Hand & Wrist.Read More
CONGRATULATIONS DR. ROBERT CAMPOLATTARO!
Dr. Robert Campolattaro has been named in Hampton Roads Magazine as one of the TOP DOCS of 2012. Hampton Roads area physicians were surveyed...Read More