At 82 years old, some people wonder how I continue to play tennis. In the summer of 2014—and the years since—I have found that a good orthopaedic...Read More
You are here
Dr. Paul Maloof, board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, a foot and ankle doctor from Bergen County, New Jersey, joined Tidewater Orthopaedics in 2013. His choice to become an orthopaedic surgeon was inspired by a pediatrician, and his favorite part of his work is being able to change the quality of life of his patients in a very meaningful way.
Dr. Maloof began his path to orthopaedic surgery at Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts, where he completed his undergraduate work. After spending three years in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, Dr. Maloof attended the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey for his medical doctorate and residency. While there, he served as administrative chief resident in one of the busiest Level I trauma centers on the east coast. Dr. Maloof then completed his fellowship training in foot and ankle surgery at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina.
Dr. Maloof brings many advanced treatments to Tidewater Orthopaedics as the only full-time foot and ankle orthopaedic surgeon in the region specializing in complex and comprehensive foot and ankle care, both surgical and nonsurgical. He aims to treat his patients in the most conservative manner, reserving surgery only for cases when nonsurgical management is no longer an option.
Foot and ankle doctor, Paul B. Maloof, M.D., sees patients in Hampton, VA as well as Williamsburg, VA.
Our foot and ankle doctor, Dr. Maloof, performs foot and ankle procedures like total ankle replacement, ankle arthroscopy, bunion correction, deformity correction, flatfoot reconstruction, foot drop, traumatic injuries, achilles tendon repair, and hammertoe correction.
Click here for a list of services, treatments, and procedures performed by Dr. Maloof.
- 2012 – 2013
Duke University, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellowship
- 2008 – 2012
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey and New Jersey Orthopaedic Institute
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, Administrative Chief Resident
- 2007 – 2008
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Department of General Surgery
General Surgery Internship
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School
Doctor of Medicine
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
Master of Science
Bachelor of Science, Biology
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Hospital at Sentara CarePlex
- CarePlex Orthopaedic Ambulatory Surgery Center (COASC)
- Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center
- Geddy Ambulatory Surgery Center
Department of Medicine-Hematology/Oncology, UMDNJ-NJMS Summer 2002
Construction of expression vector to produce stable transfectants with selected siRNA’s. The novelty of this vector caused it to be names pPMSKH1 using my initials.
Research Teaching Specialist
Department of Medicine-Hematology/Oncology, UMDNJ-NJMS 1997 – 1998
Construction of cDNA libraries froom bone marrow cells and screening of clones related to the 7-transmembrane family of receptors. Significant Findings: I. Identified a novel humanspecific gene, HGFIN, now linked to cell cycle checkpoint, and under the control of p53. II. Identified fibronectin as a binding protein for a fibrogenic factor. Consequently, uncovered potential mechanism for bone marrow fibrosis.
Awards and Appointments
- Alfred F. Behrens Award: 2012
- Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Alumni Award: 2012
- Golden Apple Nominee: 2011
- Christopher G. Nahas Memorial Scholarship: 2006
- Gustavo and Natalia Masullo Scholarship: 2005
- Risq Haddad Medical Student Scholarship: 2005, 2006, 2007
- McGraw-Hill/Lange Medical Student Award: 2004
- Maloof, P and Nunley, J. State of the Art: Current Polyethylene use in Total Ankle
- Arthroplasty AAOS Monograph Series (In Submission)
- Maloof PB, Tan V. Reoperative Concerns for the Unstable Elbow. Reoperative Hand
- Surgery Humanna Press, Springer Publishing Co. Duncan, Scott (Ed.) April 2012 pp 187-198
- Maloof, P, DiGiovanni, C, Donley, B. Midfoot Arthrodesis Using a Novel Intramedullary
- Implant: The TarsX System. Techniques in Orthopaedics. 26(1):37-42. March 2011
- Maloof P, Lin S, Berberian W, Donley B. A Novel Technique of Hallux
- Metatarsophalangeal Arthrodesis Using Intramedullary Fixation. Techniques in Foot and Ankle Surgery. June 2011 Vol 10, Issue 2. pp. 87-91
- Aboujaoude R, Maloof P, Alvarez M, Al Khan A. A novel method for laparoscopic abdominal cerclage utilizing minimally invasive hydro-dissection: a case report. J Reprod Med. 2007 May;52(5):428-30
- Rao G, Patel PS, Idler SP, Maloof P, Gascon P, potian JA, Rameshwar P. (2004) Facilitating role of preprotachykinin-I gene in the integration of breast cancer cells within the stromal compartment of the bone marrow: A model of early cancer progression. Cancer Res 64: 2874-2881
- Bandari PS, Qian J, Yehia G, Joshi DD, Maloof PB, Potian J, Oh HS, Gascon P, Harrison JS, Rameshwar P. (2003) Hematopoietic Growth Factor Inducible Neurokinin-1 type (HGFIN) gene: A transmembrane protein that is similar to neurokinin-1 interacts with substance P. Regulatory Peptides 111:169-178.
- Maloof PB, Joshi DD, Qian J, Gascón P, Singh D, Rameshwar P. Induction of Preprotachykinin-I and Neurokinin-1 by adrenocorticotropin and prolactin. (2001)
Dr. Maloof on Hometown Radio Show
The Ultimate Victory: Reclaiming My Life - As told by Margot Miller
Local star athlete’s ankle—and dreams—restored
Throughout his middle school and high school years, Jaden Barnes loved playing football. As he grew, it became clear that he had the athleticism,...Read More
Join Dr. Paul Maloof at the 2nd Annual Richmond Endurance Athlete Symposium to be held Jan. 24, 2015.
Dr. Paul Maloof of Tidewater Orthopaedics will be a guest speaker at the 2nd Annual Richmond Endurance Athlete Symposium to be held Jan. 24, 2015...Read More
Foot & Ankle Pain Keeping you down? Come get some answers to this debilitating problem.
Dr. Paul Maloof will be speaking on treatment options to your foot & ankle problems. Come and join the discussion, March 25 beginning at 6:...Read More
Treatment Options for Arthritis of the Foot & Ankle
Dr. Paul Maloof will be presenting a community lecture on Diagnosing and treating arthritis of the Foot & Ankle. Dr. Maloof has recently...Read More
Newest Foot & Ankle Surgeon in Newport News & Hampton appearing on Talk Radio
Dr. Paul Maloof, Tidewater Orthopaedics newest physician, will be talking about his specialty of Foot & Ankle Surgery. Join us Thurs. 10/...Read More
Dr. Paul Maloof appearing on the Hampton Roads Show WAVY 10
Join Dr. Paul Maloof on WAVY 10 Hampton Roads Show, Tues. Aug. 20 from 11am-12pm as he discusses his specialization in Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle...Read More
WELCOME DR. PAUL MALOOF, FOOT & ANKLE SURGEON
Tidewater Orthopaedics would like to welcome Paul B. Maloof, MD to Hampton Roads and our practice. Dr. Maloof comes to the area after...Read More