What is Super Specialization?
Have you ever heard the saying “practice makes perfect?” Whether you’re training for a marathon, preparing for a dance competition or practicing medicine, the more you do something, the better you become at doing it. Research has shown that highly specialized doctors are more productive, make better decisions and have better outcomes. That’s great news for you, because the Peninsula’s first specialization-only orthopaedic practice is right in your backyard!
Tidewater Orthopaedics is committed to the practice of specialty orthopaedics, and, as such, our doctors have undergone rigorous training to become experts in their chosen areas. Each doctor only practices within their specialty, which makes them the best of the best, and earns them the title of Super Specialist.
- Each doctor has dedicated their individual practice to a particular specialty within orthopaedics
- Each doctor is fellowship trained and/or has received additional certifications as a specialist
- Each doctor has years of experience in their area of specialization
- Each doctor works at the region’s only orthopaedic specialty hospital
When you choose Tidewater Orthopaedics, you can be assured of the following:
- We will schedule you with the right specialist for your condition or injury
- Our doctors will work hand-in-hand with our therapy teams to enhance communication and improve outcomes
- And, if surgery is necessary, you can choose to have your surgery at an orthopaedic specific surgery center or hospital
If you have any questions about specialization, any of our team members will be happy to answer your questions.