Total Joint Replacement Surgery for Patients from Hampton, Williamsburg, Newport News, VA & Elsewhere on the Peninsula
Total joint replacement surgery has helped many people live fuller and more active lives – free of pain – in Hampton, Newport News, and Williamsburg, Virginia. However, any type of surgery, including a procedure designed to replace a knee, hip, or shoulder joint, is a major step, and most patients need several weeks to prepare themselves both physically and emotionally. The fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeons at Tidewater Orthopaedics place a high priority on patient education, and we are committed to doing everything possible to help our patients plan for potentially life-changing surgery.
At Tidewater Orthopaedics, our joint replacement specialists believe that a prepared and informed patient is more likely to achieve a successful surgical outcome. We strive to provide our patients with all of the information they need to make educated health care decisions, and we always welcome – and encourage – questions. For instance, here are some questions a prospective patient might ask when considering total joint replacement surgery:
- What is my potential outlook, both with and without surgery?
- Which procedure do you recommend, any why?
- What are the potential risks and complications of surgery?
- How long can I expect to be hospitalized?
- What will my recovery be like; specifically, how much pain can I expect, and how can I manage it?
- Will I need physical therapy after my procedure?
- How long can I expect the device to last, and what can I do to make it last as long as possible?
- What will I be able to do/not do after my total joint replacement surgery?
Since 1973, Tidewater Orthopaedics has been providing highly specialized orthopaedic surgery, including joint replacements. In fact, throughout The Peninsula, we’re widely known as “The Specialist Group.” Each of our surgeons has gone above and beyond to complete extensive training in their respective areas of specialty, with several focusing primarily on joint replacement.
Call Tidewater Orthopaedics at 757-827-2480 to schedule a consultation to discuss total joint replacement surgery. We can help you decide if surgery is right for you and, if you choose to proceed, we’ll help you prepare for your procedure.