Sports Medicine Clinic for Athletes of All Levels in Hampton, Williamsburg, Newport News, and the Surrounding VA Communities
At the Tidewater Orthopaedics sports medicine clinic, competitive and recreational athletes of all types and ages can receive comprehensive care for a full range of sports-related injuries. With access to our own diagnostic imaging and rehabilitation services onsite, our orthopaedic specialists are able to work closely with certified radiologic technicians, physical therapists, and other medical professionals to help our patients return safely and quickly to the activities they enjoy in Hampton, Williamsburg, Newport News, and the surrounding Virginia areas.
While the orthopaedic experts at Tidewater Orthopaedics diagnose and treat all types of injuries caused by physical activities, such as sports and exercise, we also focus on prevention. Toward that end, we emphasize patient education. We firmly believe that active lifestyles can promote good health, and our entire team is dedicated to keeping bodies in motion.
Some of the services available through our sports medicine clinic in Hampton Roads include:
- Evaluation of sports or exercise-related injuries
- Diagnostic imaging, including digital X-rays, extremity MRIs, and ultrasound
- Conservative and surgical treatments for the shoulder, hip, knee, ankle, foot, wrist, hand, and spine (our surgeons perform surgery at CarePlex Orthopaedic Ambulatory Surgery Center and Orthopaedic Hospital at Sentara CarePlex)
- Individualized exercise training programs, performance and sports health analytics, and rehabilitative physical therapy
- Custom orthotics, splinting, casting, brace-fitting, nutritional support, and sports psychology
- Arthroscopic and minimally invasive procedures
The board-certified (American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery), fellowship-trained (American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons) surgeons at Tidewater Orthopaedics treat collegiate athletes from Hampton University and The College of William & Mary, and we also serve as team physicians for The Apprentice School. Since first opening our doors in the 1970s, we’ve proudly earned our place as the most established orthopaedic and sports medicine clinic on the Peninsula.
Patients from Newport News, Hampton, and Williamsburg, VA, can schedule a consultation at the Tidewater Orthopaedics sports medicine clinic by calling 757-827-2480.