You are here
Each location is fully operational and ready to care for your needs in person or through TeleOrtho. As the largest and longest operating orthopaedic group in the area, we are taking this precautionary measure to protect the community. We have gone above the recommended CDC procedures and feel that our care in the Hampton and Williamsburg offices will cut down on possible patient and staff COVID-19 exposure.
Here is what you can expect when visiting one of our offices:
- We are taking temperatures and asking a few short questions to all who enter
- All visitors will be required to wear a face cover. If you do not have one, we will gladly supply one for you.
- We are disinfecting all hard surfaces in our exam rooms & public areas
- Our lobby has been rearranged to maximize social distancing. We ask that you arrive alone or with only one person to help you.
TO ENSURE THAT WE CAN CONTINUE TO PROVIDE TOP-LEVEL CARE TO PATIENTS, WE HAVE IMPLEMENTED THE FOLLOWING:
- We are urging patients to follow CDC guidelines and to self-quarantine if they’ve traveled to a high-risk country in the last 14 days. If patients have traveled to one of the high-risk countries in the last 14 days or are in close contact with someone who has and they’re experiencing a fever, sore throat and/or cough, we are rescheduling their appointment. Patients who meet the above CDC guidelines and are in the post-operative period will be contacted by a member of their provider’s team to determine the best course of action such as phone consultation or virtual visit.
- Additionally, if a patient presents at a site with COVID-19 like symptoms and meets the travel criteria identified by the CDC, we are rescheduling these patients until they have been cleared from COVID-19. Patients will be encouraged to call their referring provider for the next steps.
- Tidewater Orthopaedics has enhanced our cleaning practices to include disinfecting waiting rooms and front desk areas, hourly. Exam rooms, Physical Therapy areas, equipment and other direct patient care areas will be cleaned after each patient visit.
- Tidewater Orthopaedics Providers and Team Members who meet any of the CDC exposure guidelines above will be required to follow the CDC guidelines for testing and quarantine as identified above.
- Tidewater Orthopaedics Providers and Team Members have been strongly encouraged to postpone international travel until further notice, and non-essential business travel domestic or otherwise has been eliminated.
- Tidewater Orthopaedics is encouraging patients to limit the number of visitors they bring to an appointment to one person.
- Tidewater Orthopaedics has eliminated the entrance of all non-essential vendors to the clinics.
- Tidewater Orthopaedics has posted COVID-19 resource materials throughout our clinics and offices. In addition, we will communicate appointment-related updates directly to patients and through our appointment reminder system.
TO PROTECT YOURSELF, YOU CAN:
- Clean your hands often, preferably with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Avoid close contact with someone who is sick; has traveled to one of CDC designated level 2 or 3 countries, or has been diagnosed positive with the coronavirus.
- Stay home if you are sick or have been exposed.
- Cover coughs and sneezes;
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that people touch frequently.
- Stay Home and practice physical distancing
THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL RECOMMENDS THAT YOU RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS:
- Shortness of breath
Should the need arise, please contact our office and we will work with you to reschedule your upcoming appointment.
SEEK MEDICAL ADVICE IF YOU:
- Develop Symptoms
- Have been in close contact with a person known to have coronavirus
- If you live in or have recently been in an area with an ongoing spread of coronavirus
Wear Your Face Covering Correctly
- Wash your hands before putting on your face covering
- Put it over your nose and mouth then secure it under your chin
- Try to fit it snugly against the sides of your face
- Make sure you can breathe easily
- Do not Place a mask on a child younger than 2
For More information: CDC.GOV/COVID19-SYMPTOMS