Employment opportunities may arise and exist from time to time. We are dedicated and hard working people who work as a team.
In addition to a very competitive salary, Tidewater Orthopaedic, offers a generous compensation package including paid time off. Company matched Retirement plan(s). Annual continuing education tuition reimbursement and paid time off. Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance plans. Company paid Group Life and Long Term Disability.
Positions will be posted as they become available.
Licensed Practical Nurse
We are currently searching for reliable Full Time, Licensed Practical Nurse to perform various office and clinical duties to keep our healthcare practice running efficiently. This position will work directly with healthcare practice staff to maintain patient records, explain common medical procedures to patients and assist in basic examinations. This is a fast paced position which requires the ability to multi-task while making critical decisions. The qualified candidate must have reliable transportation, as they may be required to commute to our Suffolk and/or Williamsburg, Virginia office if needed.
Duties and Essential Functions include:
- Provide exceptional patient care to include explanation of procedure to be done.
- Record patient information such as vital signs, weight and changes in medical history
- Clean and prepare examination rooms prior to patients appointments
- Properly apply and instruct patient on application of splints and dressings
- Using EMR to order additional testing, work notes and prescriptions as dictated by the physician
- Autoclaving and cleaning of instruments and other clinic equipment
- Perform PT/INR exam on patients to include instruction on Coumadin dosage per the physician
- Wound cleaning, suture removal and dressing of wounds
- Maintain cleanliness and stocking of rooms
- Other job duties as assigned
Certifications / Licensures:
- 2+ years of experience working in a healthcare practice or hospital
- Experience in Orthopaedics preferred, but not required
Active listening, critical thinking, social perceptiveness, time management, effective written and oral communication, work independently or with a team, problem solving, leadership, planning, organizing.
Frequently standing, walking and sitting. Ability to pull, lift, carry and push less than 130lbs repetitive. Frequent stooping, kneeling, balancing, climbing and balancing. 95% of work will be performed inside with noise and/or vibrations. No extreme heat, cold, wet or humid work environment. Repetitive physical and verbal interaction with patients.