Employment opportunities may arise and exist from time to time. We are dedicated and hard working people who work as a team.
In addition to a very competitive salary, full time employees are offered Health Benefits, Paid time off, and may choose to participate in a 401K plan.
Positions will be posted as they become available.
Certified Coding Specialist:
Tidewater Orthopaedic Associates has an immediate need for a Certified Professional Coding Specialist (AAPC).
- Accurately assign codes and diagnoses, treatments and surgical procedures as determined by the clinical documentation
- Communicate effectively with physicians and staff regarding correct coding and documentation principals
- Perform quarterly auditing of provider coding, communicate findings and provide support to the manager directly
- Monitor professional publications to remain up to date on coding changes to the practice
- Monitor payer and CMS websites
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Certified Professional Coder Certification (CPC) Physician Based
- Orthopedic and Therapy experience preferred, but not required
- Must have 1-2 years’ experience in inpatient/outpatient surgical coding
- Ability to understand and interpret clinical documentation and understand the department billing processes at a detailed level
- Strong anatomy and physiology and medical terminology
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Good time management and problem solving skills
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
We offer competitive salary, benefits package with a flexible schedule, on-going staff training and development and room for advancement.
For consideration email current resumes to email@example.com.
Medical Assistant / LPN:
- must be a certified medical assistant or LPN
- CPR certified
- must be able to travel to Hampton and Williamsburg offices
- able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- experience preferred
email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Excellent opportunity to join a dynamic 9 surgeon orthopaedic practice that focuses on sub specialization. The practice features MRI, DME, hand and physical therapy as well as an ASC. It is located near Colonial Williamsburg and near the area's beaches.
We are looking for a Spine PA or a PA/NP with an interest in spine and experience in closing, to serve our varied patient population.
There is no call obligation and no weekend work required.
The physician assistant will aid in all aspects of patient care, including clinical, surgical, and educational. The PA will act in a capacity as an extension and partner to the physician but also will exhibit the ability to practice supervised independent decision-making regarding diagnosis and care of patients.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Examines patients appropriate to the complaint(s) and develops a diagnosis or diagnoses and treatment plan for each patient in clinic.
- PA acts as first assist in surgical procedures
- Collaborates with other departments to provide high quality patient care and participates in organizational initiatives to aid in the success of the corporate mission.
- Physician assistant training at a two- or three-year accredited program, including didactic and clinical teaching
- Valid NCCPA certification.
- Valid Virginia state physician assistant license (or ability to obtain)
- Must have a minimum of 2 years orthopaedic experience, but will consider a new grad with prior experience as an athletic trainer, PT, surgical tech, etc.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Must be able to manage time and multiple tasks for maximum efficiency.
Compensation: Base salary, incentive bonus and CME allowance, medical/disability/life insurance, 401k and profit sharing. Moving assistance.
Please contact Eva Klenner at: email@example.com