Employment opportunities may arise and exist from time to time. We are dedicated and hard working people who work as a team.
In addition to a very competitive salary, Tidewater Orthopaedic, offers a generous compensation package including paid time off. Company matched Retirement plan(s). Annual continuing education tuition reimbursement and paid time off. Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance plans. Company paid Group Life and Long Term Disability.
Positions will be posted as they become available.
Medical Assistant / LPN:
Tidewater Orthopaedics Hampton, VA office has an immediate need for Full-Time Certified Medical Assistants . We are currently searching for reliable Medical Assistants to perform various office and clinical duties to keep our healthcare practice running efficiently. Our Medical Assistants work directly with healthcare practice staff to maintain patient records, explain common medical procedures to patients and assist in basic examinations. This is a fast paced position which requires the ability to multi-task while making critical decisions. The qualified Medical Assistant must have reliable transportation, as they will be required to commute to our Williamsburg, Virginia office when scheduled.
- Provide exceptional patient care to include explanation of procedure to be done.
- Record patient information such as vital signs, weight and changes in medical history
- Clean and prepare examination rooms prior to patients appointments
- Properly apply and instruct patient on application of splints and dressings
- Using EMR to order additional testing, work notes and prescriptions as dictated by the physician
- Autoclaving and cleaning of instruments and other clinic equipment
- Perform PT/INR exam on patients to include instruction on Coumadin dosage per the physician
- Wound cleaning, suture removal and dressing of wounds
- Maintain cleanliness and stocking of rooms
- Other job duties as assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Must hold one of the following certifications:
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
- Registered Medical Assistant
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- 2+ years of experience working for a healthcare practice or hospital
- Experience in Orthopaedics preferred, but not required
- CPR Certified
- must be able to travel to Hampton and Williamsburg offices
- able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- experience preferred
- High level of communication
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Licensed Physical Therapist
Tidewater Orthopaedic Physical Therapy department is seeking a full-time Physical Therapist for the Outpatient Therapy Center in Hampton and Williamsburg. Our referral services provide opportunities to treat a full range of pre and post operative diagnosis, related to sports injury and orthopedic issues.Tidewater Orthopaedic Physical Therapy department is seeking a full-time Physical Therapist for the Outpatient Therapy Center in Hampton and Williamsburg. Our referral services provide opportunities to treat a full range of pre and post operative diagnosis, related to sports injury and orthopedic issues.
- Provide direct patient care
- Meet practice productivity standards
- Adhere to all rules and regulations as outlined in State PT Practice Act
- Adhere to all Medicare and commercial billing policies
- Supervise Physical Therapy Assistants and Aides
- Implement and communicating therapy recommendations, plans and goals
- Communicate and document treatment/discharge notes within the expected time-frame and format
- Demonstrate a professionalism demeanor at all time
- Support and adhere to all Practice changes, policies and procedures
- Promote and encourage team comradely
- Maintain a valid state PT license. CEU's and CPR certifications
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Valid State License for Physical Therapy
- Valid CPR certification
Job Type: Full Time
CERTIFIED HAND THERAPIST
Tidewater Orthopaedics Associates is seeking a FULL-TIME occupational therapist (OT) who is preferably a certified hand therapist (CHT) for our Hampton hand therapy clinic. Our therapy clinic is the ideal location for an enthusiastic therapist that is motivated to work with a diverse client population including athletes, adult complex polytrauma and worksite injuries, elective surgical interventions and other diagnoses. Our established board-certified hand surgeons work in close and frequent communication with the hand therapy team to insure successful outcomes during evidence-based rehabilitation in our patient-centered environment.
Tidewater Orthopaedic, offers a generous compensation package including up to 120 Hours of paid time off. Company matched Retirement plan(s). In addition, annual continuing education reimbursement and paid time off will be provided as well as competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, STD and Life Insurance plans. Company paid Group Life and LTD. Incentive plans are available as part of the compensation program after employed for 6 months.
Job Requirements include:
- Experience in custom fabrication of orthotics for pre- and post-operative populations.
- Occupational Therapy degree from an accredited school
- License/Certifications Requirements:
- Occupational Therapist Licensure
- Valid CPR certification
Skills Required: active listening, critical thinking, social perceptiveness, time management, effective written and oral communication, work independently or with a team, problem solving, leadership, planning, organizing.
Physical Demand:Frequently standing, walking and sitting. Ability to pull, lift, carry and push less than 50lbs repetitive. Frequent stooping, kneeling, balancing, climbing and balancing. 95% of work will be performed inside with noise and/or vibrations. No extreme heat, cold, wet or humid work environment. Repetitive physical and verbal interaction with patients.
Charge Entry Specialist
Our Orthopaedic practice located on the Tidewater peninsula, has an immediate need for an individual to join our Billing department as a Charge Entry Specialist. This position will be based out of the Williamsburg office. The Charge entry specialist is responsible for carefully reviewing and inputting a variety of data that includes but not limited to patient demographics, patient insurance information, CPT/HCPCs codes, ICD-10 codes, and provider information. The selected candidate will demonstrate proper phone etiquette, both a professional appearance and attitude as well.
Tidewater Orthopaedic, offers a generous compensation package including up to 80 Hours of paid time off. Company matched Retirement plan(s). In addition, we offer competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, STD and Life Insurance plans as well as company paid Group Life and LTD.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Posting charges within 48 hours of encounters being locked.
- Posting charges to the appropriate accounts including validating registration
- Expert ability to add specific data such as modifiers, payer specific information, including authorization criteria, CPT and ICD-10 code and date of injury (DOI)
- Communicate charge error trends to Revenue Integrity Lead
- Assigning appropriate ICD-10/CPT/HCPC’s code
- Verifies Insurance billing information is accurate
- Makes necessary corrections to patient accounts and charges for accurate electronic submission
- Assigning claims to appropriate Follow up Rep
- Revise any errors – provider or billing specific edits
- Verifies authorizations on file match procedures being billed
- Understands and adheres to insurance carrier’s claim submission guidelines
- Understand and interpret the Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) as it applies to charge entry
- Reduce and eliminate denials by correct use modifiers, mapping, and linking codes with services.
- Achieves goals set by Team Lead and Manager.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0 – 2 years of experience in same/related field
- Certified Professional Coder Certificate from a Nationally recognized and accredited organization is a plus, but not required
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook (Word & Excel)
- Basic Medical Terminology and Medical Coding
- Basic understanding of Insurance Billing procedures and practices
- Ability to communicate with the general public in a courteous manner
- Familiar with Electronic Health Systems/Electronic Records System
- Familiar with Billing practices, Benefit verification and Eligibility, and Insurance Terminology
Frequently sitting. Ocassional standing and walking. Ability to pull, lift, carry and push up to 10lbs occasionally. Frequent stooping, kneeling, balancing, and balancing. 95% of work will be performed inside with noise and/or vibrations. No extreme heat, cold, wet or humid work environment. Repetitive physical and verbal interaction with coworkers, vendors and/or patients.